This utility can be used to display a hex/ascii dump of a file. It may also be used to search for strings or hex sequences,
- The navigation keys (Home, End, PageUp, etc.) can be used scroll through the file, however the arrow keys only cause scrolling if an edit control is focussed (but if a button is focussed instead, pressing an arrow key will cause an edit control to become focussed and scrolling will then take place.)
- If you wish to search for a character string, simply type it in the box labelled Search and click the Search button. The search will begin from the second line. (The search algorithm will look for both conventional and wide character strings. Wide characters are 16bit values consisting of a value byte and either a leading or a trailing null byte.)
- If you wish to search for a hex sequence, tick the box labelled hex and enter a string such as AABE1F.
- You may drag a file onto this applet to view it.
- If you wish to open a second view into a single file, click the button labelled Reopen.