- WipeDir is freeware, nevertheless, copyright still applies.
- Any breach of the terms of this license may be considered to be a breach of copyright, in which case the copyright holder may initiate legal proceedings.
- Use of or distribution of WipeDir shall be deemed to be acceptance in full of all terms of this license.
Within the confines of this license :-
- The Copyright Owner is J D Turner. At this time, he is also the sole author.
- Authors shall be defined as organisations or individuals that contributed to the design and implementation of WipeDir.
- Publishers shall be defined as organisations or individuals that distribute WipeDir in the form of simple or self-extracting archives containing only files relevant to WipeDir. This includes Cathonian Software, and other organisations that publish WipeDir using media such as the internet or cdrom disk.
- Deployers shall be defined as organisations or individuals that distribute WipeDir program files as part of a larger software package.
- This license shall be governed by English law.
All disputes will be heard within England unless all parties concerned agree on an alternative location.
- No conversation, whether recorded or not, shall form any part of this license.
No email, whether digitally signed or not, shall form any part of this license.
- Subject to prevailing law, the Copyright Owner, Authors and Publishers shall not be liable for any losses resulting from use of WipeDir, however, this license does not indemnify Deployers against their liabilities.
- WipeDir may not be used or configured in a manner likely to be damaging to a computer installation.
- You may edit message strings in WipeDir for use in languages other than english, however you may not alter WipeDir in any other way. In particular, the copyright strings, etc. MUST NOT be altered.
- You may not misrepresent the origin of WipeDir. In particular, you may not distribute WipeDir program files as part of a toolkit for software developers. You may, however, distribute the entire WipeDir package in the form in which it is available to download from Cathonian Software.
In addition, if you use WipeDir, please :-
- link to http://www.cathonian.com/software/ on your website.
- contact Cathonian Software stating who you are and for what purpose WipeDir is being used.
- this will help to determine what new features should be added.
These are not license requirements, merely a request.
Email addresses WILL NOT be passed to other organisations. See www.cathonian.com/software/privacy.html.